OUR MISSIONS : Charity work
The Foyers de Charité develop charitable projects according to local needs
The charitable work of the Foyers de Charité includes the following :
- lessons in literacy
- psychological counselling;
- distribution of meals and clothing;
- accommodation of refugees in war zones;
- reception centres for children.
This charity work is the means by which the Foyers de Charité put into practice Marthe Robin‘s intuition of offering “a refuge for people in dire straits”, (founding text of the Foyers de Charité) in a spirit of welcome, compassion and service.
The following is a list of the current projects of the Foyers de Charité throughout the world
- Burkina Faso (Koudougou): technical training support to help young people get a job;
- Burundi (Bujumbura): reception centre for young people;
- Ivory Coast (Kotobi): care for lepers, dispensary open to public, etc.;
- Ivory Coast (Daloa): agricultural training;
- Togo (Aledjo) care for lepers, dispensary open to public, etc.;
- Uganda (Namugongo) dispensary open to the public, care for AIDS patients.
- Peru (Nana): a school of the city of Nana and a technical training centre for adults;
- Colombia (Zipaquira): girls’ orphanage and slum social services;
- Colombia (Paipa): school and technical training centre for abandoned or difficult children;
- Ecuador (Latacunga): literacy lessons and education among the Indian population;
- Chile (Tomé): Spanish translation and popular publishing of books and magazines;
- Brazil (Mendes): home care for very disadvantaged groups;
- Haiti (Port au Prince): school (500 pupils), medical care and assistance in the suburbs of Port au Prince
- India (Vellore): agricultural training;
- India (Gowripatnam): construction of houses for the homeless;
- Vietnam: reception centre for children.
Aider les Foyers de Charité