The Fondation « Le Foyer de Charité » is entitled to receive donations, bequests and life insurance premiums that are totally exempt from inheritance tax in France. Tax receipts are issued. We guarantee that your generosity will be used for the practical projects of the Foyers de Charité so that they can continue to spread their influence in France and across the world.
How to make a bequest?
A bequest is a means of transferring all or part of your property (movable and/or immovable) to the Foyers de Charité on the day of your death. Only the available portion of your assets can be included in a bequest.
You must make out a will that specifically mentions the purpose of your bequest and identifies the Fondation « Foyer de Charité » as the beneficiary. This will may be drawn up by a notary, or not.
The Fondation Le Foyer de Charité may receive :
- general legacies (bequest of all your assets);
- residuary legacies (bequest of a percentage of the assets);
- specific legacies (bequests of specific and identifiable property).
How to make a donation ?
With a donation, the decision involves an immediate gift, during your lifetime, of all or part of your property (movable and/or immovable). The legal document is signed in the presence of a notary. Only the available portion of your assets can be included in a donation.
The Fondation Le Foyer de Charité may receive:
- donations with full ownership: permanent, exclusive and absolute;
- donations in bare ownership, leaving you (or any other person) the use of the property until the end of your life;
- temporary donations of usufruct, granting the enjoyment of the property for a temporary period (3 years minimum) to the Foyers. Another instrument that can be used to reduce the French wealth tax (ISF).
How to name the Foyers de Charité as beneficiaries of a life insurance policy ?
In order to transfer all or part of the balance of your life insurance policy to the Foyers de Charité on the day of your death, you must name the Fondation « Le Foyer de Charité » as beneficiary in the « beneficiaries » clause.
This provision can be made with your insurer at the start or during the lifetime of the policy. As a legal entity, the Fondation « Le Foyer de Charité » will not pay any inheritance tax on the premium received.
Who is the person to contact at the Foyers de Charité ?
Feel free to contact our advisor Marc Lesbre, the administrative and financial director of the Foundation. He will answer you in the strictest confidence:
Fondation « Le Foyer de Charité »
85, rue Geoffroy de Moirans
26330 CHATEAUNEUF DE GALAURE
Tèl. +33 (0)4 75 68 79 00