The Alliance is an expanded community made up of the members and friends that are close to a Foyer de Charité.
Living in their own homes, the members of the Alliance experience a communion of prayer, friendship and service with the Foyer de Charité that they recognise as their primary source of spiritual renewal.
As part of the Alliance, the members and friends mutually support and evangelise each other. They encourage each other in their faith with teaching, training and the offering up of themselves.
The members of the Alliance make a commitment, which is renewable for one year, to:
- regularly meditate on the Word of God and live a communion of prayer in association with Marthe and the Foyer de Charité;
- practise the sacraments and serve the Church better where they live;
- welcome the Blessed Virgin Mary in their lives, particularly through the daily prayer of consecration to Jesus by Mary;
- regularly go on a retreat in a Foyer de Charité;
- pray every day for each other and join in the Eucharist during the week, wherever they are;
- mutually support each other in a climate of friendship, e.g. when there are duties that are shared with the Foyer, projects or other one-off services to be carried out.
How do you become a member of the Alliance ?
You can mention that you would like to become a member of the Alliance to the father or a member of the Foyer where you went on retreat. The commitment is for one year, with the consent of the Foyer. The members of the Alliance renew their commitment at an annual event organised at the Foyer. Those who cannot participate are invited to spend a few days with the Foyer when they can, e.g. during a retreat.